banner
banner
fwg

Free Wills Guide

Are you ready to plan your will or trust? We would like to give you a FREE Wills Guide.
More

Text Resize

San Diego Rescue Mission Bequest Language

If you are serious about your stewardship, our desire is to help you multiply your impact.


Did you know that most of our giving is strictly in cash...which is only 9% of what we own? The remaining 91% of what we own is rarely considered within our stewardship strategy! And yet, gifting these assets through a bequest can help multiply the impact of your giving. Gifts of these assets are often very powerful tools for bypassing capital gains taxes, minimizing income taxes or reducing potential estate taxes. We stand ready to serve you as trusted stewardship teammates.

Your bequest gift made through a will or revocable living trust may be the most significant act of stewardship you will accomplish in your lifetime. We can partner with you to consider the people in your life, your property, your plans and priorities, and to work closely with your planning team (legal counsel, financial advisors, trust officer, insurance staff and others).

A charitable bequest is extremely flexible. Because it is not payable until death occurs, it can be modified during your lifetime to reflect your current commitments and goals. It does not affect your assets or cash flow while you are living. There are no limitations on bequest gifts. Bequests may be made for a general or specific purpose. All bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes. If you have a taxable estate, the estate tax charitable deduction may offset or eliminate estate taxes resulting in a larger inheritance for your heirs.

We hope that you will join other in the Shepherd's Society and include San Diego Rescue Mission in your estate plan. We would be honored to invest your gift to continue serving our San Diego community. The following examples are suggested to help you consider how best to word your intent.
 

Leaving a Percentage of your Estate


"I bequeath ten percent (10%) of my estate to San Diego Rescue Mission (SDRM), to be used for the general purposes of the organization at the discretion of its board. SDRM is located at P.O. Box 80427, San Diego, CA 92138-0427. Their Federal Tax ID number is 95-1874073."
 

Leaving a Percentage of the Residue (amount for ministry after taking care of family and friends) of your Estate


"I bequeath twenty percent (20%) of the residue of my estate to San Diego Rescue Mission (SDRM), to be used for the general purposes of the organization at the discretion of its board. SDRM is located at P.O. Box 80427, San Diego, CA 92138-0427. Their Federal Tax ID number is 95-1874073."
 

Leaving a Fixed-Dollar Bequest


"I bequeath ten thousand dollars ($10,000) of my estate to San Diego Rescue Mission (SDRM), to be used for the general purposes of the organization at the discretion of its board. SDRM is located at P.O. Box 80427, San Diego, CA 92138-0427. Their Federal Tax ID number is 95-1874073."

We suggest using percentage wording for your will or trust to ensure that your plans remain in balance regardless of increases or decreases in the size of your estate. If you are considering designating your bequest to a specific Rescue Mission project, please contact us for advice.

As you review the relationships in your life, your ministry giving can often represent some of the most important of these relationships. Today, as some donors prepare their wills and trusts, they divide their estates as if "ministry" were an esteemed member of their family. They set aside a portion equal to that of other family members and then divide that portion among the ministries that mean so much to them.
 

Contact Us


For further information and assistance, please contact Michael Babida, Major Gifts & Planned Giving Manager at (619) 819-1851 or mbabida@sdrescue.org.
 
scriptsknown